"A Family – A Fair"
August 9 –August 13, 2016
The Richmond County Fair Association, Inc., a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, is looking for volunteers to help with the 2016 fair. We are looking for individuals and groups who would like to participate and become a part of an organization that has successfully hosted the Richmond County Fair for many years. Our success is due to the wonderful group of volunteers who help during the year with the planning stage, during the set-up and break- down of the fair, and during the fair itself. We have many volunteer opportunities and we're always looking for new volunteers.
If you have an interest in becoming a volunteer, contact us:
(804) 313-9940 - (leave a message, someone will get back with you)
Whether you can give us a few hours or help for several days, your effort will certainly be appreciated. Below are just some of the many opportunities we offer for volunteers:
- Set up display tables and arrange exhibits
- Bake a coconut cake for our contest
- Assist with clean up/tear down of fair equipment/supplies
- Help with parking and selling tickets at the gates
- Assist Communications Committee by collecting/organizing fair articles from local papers and magazines
- Photographers to document all the activities at the fair
- Grounds and Maintenance
- Planning coordinator to ensure volunteers have what they need
- Indoor Vendor Assistant to help guide/direct vendors
- Help in Arts & Crafts Building
- Help with delivery of items on the fairgrounds
This is just a short list of possible volunteer opportunities. If you have any specific talents/strengths/skills that you would like to share with us, please contact us and let us know!